Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Here at last!

After a significant delay getting out of Chicago and a brief, but lovely visit with my son Jacob and his wife Laura who live and work in Hong Kong, I arrived in Dhaka last night at about 10:0opm. It was dark, so I didn't see much on the ride to Nancy and Kohima's, but the smells assured me that I was indeed back in Bangladesh.

Today is Friday which is the day of worship for the muslim majority in Bangladesh, so I will be attending the Dhaka International Christian Church today, tomorrow is Saturday, and then my work will begin in earnest on Sunday, which functions as Monday here. I am so grateful to be here and excited to get to know the people I'll be working with. I've asked to be given a tutor, so I can brush up on my Bangla and Nancy says that is possible, so I'm excited about that as well. Thank you all for your prayers... more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment