Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sunday School Teachers' Training at SUPOTH


My second SS Teachers' Training was quite a bit different than the first one,but I think, just as good. The group was much younger, many still in high school. The other unusual aspect of this group was that 12 out of 15 were young men. I was really delighted by this, since it would be very unusual in the U.S. for this to be the case.

The church in Nilphamari is all the same denomination, but seems to be splitting over an internal power struggle, so many of the churches are barely functioning. An unfortunate side effect of this is that most do not have a Sunday School at all at the moment. It was very encouraging then, to have these 15 young people determined to learn how to teach Sunday School so that they could begin the process of bringing a Sunday School program back to their churches.

They worked hard, and though many had little or no experience, they learned many new things that they are confident to try out as they rebuild their programs. Please pray with with me that they will soon be able to use what they worked so hard to learn.

Many thanks to Annie who translated for me. I also want to say a special thanks to Carol Reinsma who contributed the funds that made the workshops possible and to all those who have supported me so that I could come here to Bangladesh to volunteer.






No comments:

Post a Comment