Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Visits with SUPOTH Groups

We just got back from up north yesterday, arriving at about 11:00am after an all-night train. For some reason I couldn't access my blog up there, so I'm going to have to play catch up before I leave Dhaka again on Wednesday. We visited Adolescent, Women's and People's Institution(P.I.) (something like a neighborhood association)Groups who are part of SUPOTH, another of CRWRC's partner organizations. Because the area is rural, groups are quite far apart so there was a lot of traveling involved between groups, but the countryside is so beautiful it was well worth it.

The Adolescent groups we visited were all girls and were run a bit differently that those of SATHI, but I was equally impressed with them. They had many good ideas for improving their program as well; one that hadn't been mentioned before was that they want to have a little library in a box of small books relating to the subjects they are studying in their groups, so they can read more about them. I suggested to SUPOTH that they teach the girls how to make a proposal to their P.I. who would be able to make this happen.

I could say a lot more, but I want to get this up, so I'll stop for now and show you some pictures of the groups we met, the beautiful children we saw, and the lovely countryside of Bangladesh.














No comments:

Post a Comment